I am SO EXCITED as this is the first ever baking post on my blog!!!
There is something so Christmassy about baking gingerbread and EVERY YEAR it puts me into the best Christmas spirit ~ can anyone relate? ~ however it feels as if I try hundreds of different recipes to find the PERFECT recipe so when I found this I was very thankful.
you will need:
- 350g of plain flour
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp of ginger (I used cinnamon)
- 100g of margarine
- 175g of brown sugar
- 4-6 tbsp of honey
- 1 beaten egg
Before you do ANYTHING ELSE preheat your oven to 190c/ 375f /gas mark 5.
- Firstly add the flour, ginger/cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and just mix it all up!
- Then rub in the butter/margarine into the mixture you made at step one untill it looks like breadcrumbs then stir in the sugar.
- Add the honey and egg and mix to form a dough. Then roll out the dough and shape it to whatever you want then put in the oven for 8-12 minutes.
This is such a great recipe and so simple aswell! Let me know if you make it!
what tips do you have when it comes to makeing gingerbread?
my instagram: @jessica.rose.blogs